Monterey Hotel and Casino officials say they are in the process of reopening to the public after a man was robbed at gunpoint on Tuesday morning.

Authorities were called to the hotel at 4:43 a.m.

Tuesday and found the man’s mother’s home had been burglarised, the hotel said in a statement Wednesday.

They were unable to recover the item taken from the home and are trying to determine the identity of the person who broke into the home, according to the statement.

The man was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The hotel has closed for the night.

The family did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

The hotel says it has no history of suspicious activity at the hotel.