What a horrible day for a hot tub
A hotel in a tiny town in Romania has been evacuated after a man died of hypothermia while showering in a hot pool.
A man was found unconscious in a hotel bathroom and pronounced dead at the scene, according to local media.
The man, identified as Alexander, was found dead on Friday after spending the night at a local hotel in the Romanian capital, Bucharest.
Local authorities said Alexander had not been in a room or bathtub since March and was not wearing a mask.
“This morning, I went to check on him and found that he was not in a good state,” the hotel’s manager, Victor Chiricu, told Romania’s TVV channel.
He was in a pool, he was unconscious, and there was no medical aid,” he added.
Local residents are worried that the man may have died of heat stroke, according a local newspaper, The Local.
He had not had a hot shower in two days, the newspaper reported.
Hotel owners are also trying to determine whether they should open their rooms and let guests in.